This is my first sketch in a new sketchbook – one I made myself! I use up sketchbooks so quickly and they are so expensive (if you want good heavy paper, which I do) I thought I’d give book binding a try. I followed some guidance on YouTube (mostly from #sealemon) and it was surprisingly easy. I used a “kettle stitch” to do the binding, some old corrugated cardboard and felt-like material for the cover and bought some pre-cut sheets of Frabriano 200 gsm watercolour paper (another surprise was how inexpensive this was). I used these g-clamps to press the book between some old bits of wood and voila! No more buying sketchbooks for me!